With the triple digit heat we have in the summer time here in the great state of Texas, here are some great ways to save money on your energy bills...
10 simple ways to save energy and money this summer:
- Set your air conditioner thermostat as high as comfortable – we recommend 78ºF or higher when you’re at home, and 85ºF when you’re gone. Keep inside air vents clear from furniture and other objects.
- Have your central air conditioner tuned up and clean or replace filters monthly for more efficient operation.
- Minimize indoor heat: run the dryer and dishwasher at night on hot days and let your dishes air dry. Avoid heat-generating incandescent lighting and use a microwave, toaster oven or outdoor grill instead of the oven. It's best to avoid the use of major appliances between 2 and 8 p.m.
- Set your water heater to 120ºF.
- Keep the blinds and windows closed during the day and open at night. This is a no-cost way to keep your home a little cooler.
- Window, ceiling and whole-house fans are also low-cost ways to stay comfortable.
- Wash clothes in cold water and clean the lint filter in the dryer after every use.
- Unplug appliances and electronicswhen not in use. Plug home electronics, such as TVs, DVD players and computers into power strips and turn off the power strips when the equipment is not in use.
- Eliminate, or deactivate, extra freezers or refrigerators if you can, especially if they spend the summer outdoors or in a garage
- If you have a pool: consider slowly reducing pool filtration time by 30 minute increments daily. Keep on reducing the time as long as the water appears clean. You may find you only need to run your pool filter six hours a day. Install a timer to control the length of time that the pool pump cycles on.
Don’t forget to contact us at UP Realty for more information about Austin area homes for sale or to sell your home! Just go to www.austin.uprealtygroup.com and search from thousands of listings throughout Central Texas and find the home that’s right for you. We are your Austin Realtor, Round Rock Realtor, Cedar Park Realtor, Hutto Realtor, Pflugerville Realtor and everywhere in between!
See you at the festivities!
-UP Realty, Move in the right direction
- See more at: http://austin.uprealtygroup.com/blog/